The Heart Bus
Stopping at Welwyn Garden City June 16th and Hatfield 17th and 18th of June
Heart Movement Tour brings mindfulness to Welwyn Hatfield
Iconic American bus
Supporting the nation's post-pandemic recovery
Tour route in Welwyn Hatfield for the large Amercian bus
Campus West Car Park Welwyn Garden City -16th June 10am-4pm
Birchwood Leisure Centre Hatfield - 17th June open to the public 12-3.30pm and then to One YMCA 4-6pm and 18th June 10am-4pm
The iconic American bus will provide an open-access, free to visit, community space and mobile workshop, creating a safe space for those who have been impacted by the pandemic. The Heart Bus will enable people to connect with others, experience the benefits of mindfulness and listening spaces and learn more about the technology of heart intelligence.
Ri Ferrier, Managing Director of Heart Based Living Initiative comments;
"We are so excited to bring our Heart Bus to Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield residents. Covid-19, the many lockdowns and families being kept apart have impacted the mental health of the nation severely and it's time to try and put some of that to right again.
"Our experienced mindfulness teachers and a wide variety of wellbeing lessons will hopefully offer support and compassion to as many diverse groups as possible in the Welwyn Hatfield area. We hope that our Heart Bus will spread calm, connection and wellbeing throughout the country, on the greatest and most heartfelt road trip ever attempted."
Those visiting the Heart Bus in Welwyn Hatfield will have the opportunity to attend any of the following:
- Mindfulness Taster sessions (20 minutes)
- Mindfulness Workshops (35 minutes)
- Introduction to Listening Space (15 minutes)
- Listening Space workshops (45 minutes)
- Heart Intelligence Practise with biofeedback sensors (20 minutes)
- Signposting to further resources
- Nourishing soup and a selection of teas
- Connections with others
Within these offerings, participants will have the opportunity to learn:
- The science of mindfulness
- Mindfulness activities that can be used in everyday life
- How to bring attention to present moment
- Breathing techniques that activate the parasympathetic nervous system (the rest and digest)
- How to cultivate happiness and positive emotions
- How to build coherent and more consistent heart rhythms
- How to authentically listen to self and other
- The Heart Bus can welcome up to 6 people for indoor workshops and 30 people in their outside space. There will be a QR code track and trace system in place to ensure the tour is operating within the strictest of COVID safety guidelines.
The Heart Movement have also launched their latest funding round on Indiegogo platform. The community interest project is working to secure an additional £90,000 of funding to secure experienced mindfulness teachers, a 'great selection of tea', and biofeedback devices for the bus.
The Heart Bus is tour ; Brighton, London, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Cambridge, Oxford, Swindon, Exeter, Plymouth, Falmouth, Weymouth and Portsmouth.
About the Heart Movement:
Launched in 2019, the Heart Movement is dedicated to creating balance, connection and emotional resilience for all who wish to take part. This non-profit organisation is on a mission to support millions of people across the UK in finding new, proven ways to improve their health, wellbeing and fulfilment.
Wellbeing is a fundamental human capacity, not a lifestyle luxury and the Heart-Based Living approach blends many recognised and scientifically validated approaches to wellbeing, including mindfulness, heart intelligence and listening spaces.
The team are intent on building a diverse community to share heart-based mindfulness in ways that are relatable to individuals and communities from all backgrounds.