Welwyn Hatfield Dementia Action Alliance
We are the alliance for organisations across the Welwyn Hatfield Borough to connect, take action on dementia and work together to build Dementia Friendly Communities.
Are you looking for support and advice on Dementia?
The Welwyn Hatfield Dementia Action Alliance are the alliance for organisations across the Welwyn Hatfield Borough to connect, take action on dementia and work together to build Dementia Friendly Communities.
Members include care providers, emergency services, local authorities, hospital trusts, transport providers and GP practices. Any type of organisation or business can be a member, and we encourage everything we do to be in partnership and informed by people living with dementia and their carers.
Please click on the activities timetable below to see what Dementia Friendly Activities are happening locally.
Description of services:
- Increasing awareness of dementia across the Borough by recruiting a wide range of organisations and promoting the roll out of Dementia Friends Information sessions to all customer facing staff, members and volunteers.
- Supporting partnership organisations to build Dementia Friendly Communities across the Borough so that people with dementia can continue to live the way they want to in the community they choose.
- Promoting the services of our partner organisations.
- Listening to the views of people affected by dementia as to what areas or sectors should be should focussed on to ensure the needs of those living with dementia plus their carers are met within the Borough
- Working to become a Dementia Friendly Community. (DFC)